Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice
Effective Date: June 1, 2022
In this Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice ("Notice"), Dine Brands Global, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Dine Brands", "we", or "us") describe the types of information that we collect from job applicants and current and former employees, how we use that information, and how we may share that information.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information when you apply for a job with Dine Brands or during the course of your employment at Dine Brands:
- Identifiers and Contact Information. Your name, physical address, email address, phone number, IP address, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, and emergency contacts.
- Demographic Information. We may collect information regarding your race, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, medical conditions, gender, veteran status, military service, or other similar information.
- Professional and Employment-Related Information. Information regarding your employment history and previous work experience, licenses or certifications, and information regarding military service. We also collect time and attendance information.
- Educational Information. Schools attended, professional licenses, and certifications.
- Financial Information. Banking information for direct deposit purposes, income history, and income information and benefits information as well as information regarding your beneficiaries.
Purposes for Which We Collect Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect from you as a job applicant or a current or former employee for the following purposes:
- To Manage the Application Process. We use your personal information to process your job application, verify the information you have provided in your application, communicate with you regarding your application, answer your questions regarding the application process, and confirm your eligibility for a position. We may also save your information for future job openings within Dine Brands.
- To Manage the Hiring Process. We may use your personal information in the hiring process to conduct interviews. We may also use your personal information to perform background and reference checks, with your consent, if you are offered a position.
- To Communicate with You. We may use your personal information to provide information to you, respond to your questions, notify you of changes to your compensation and benefits program, or notify you of emergencies.
- To Manage the Onboarding Process. Upon being hired by Dine Brands, we will collect personal information when you complete new hire paperwork to assist us in administering salary and benefits and to assist us with complying with governmental and legal requirements.
- To Administer Compensation and Benefits Programs. We will use the personal information you provide to process payroll, pay taxes, help employees address employment-related tax issues, administer benefits, and handle work-related expense reimbursement. We may also use this personal information to manage requests for accommodation requests. We also use this to administer employee claims such as under workers’ compensation or unemployment benefits.
- Recruiting. We may use personal information to communicate with you regarding the recruiting process, learn where you heard about Dine Brands, and evaluate and improve our recruiting process.
- For Performance Management. Dine Brands collects personal information in order to assess your performance, assist in career development, conduct pay and grading reviews, and to handle any employment-related disputes. We may also use personal information to respond to violations of company policies and gather information for disciplinary actions. We may monitor any activity you perform online while using a Dine Brands device or while connected to Dine Brands’ internet such as monitoring the websites you visit and your activity on those websites. We may also track the emails you send using your Dine Brands-provided email address, the phone calls you make using a Dine Brands-provided device, and the chat messages you are involved in using the Dine Brands-provided instant messaging program.
- Education and Professional Services. We may use your personal information to assist with education, training, and professional development. We may use this information to assist with professional and career development.
- Law Enforcement and Courts. We may disclose your personal information in response to a subpoena, a search warrant, or other legally valid process. We may use your personal information to cooperate with law enforcement or other government entities if you are suspected of having violated applicable laws.
- Record Keeping. We may use personal information to comply with applicable legally required or industry standard business and employment record keeping requirements and to respond to governmental requests for information.
- Health and Safety. We use personal information to protect your health and safety, or the health and safety of others, including through the use of technology to allow contact tracing if you may have exposed to communicable diseases such as COVID-19. We may also use this information to respond to an employee-related emergency. We also use this personal information to protect our facilities and personal property.
- Protect Our Legal Rights. We may use your personal information to protect our legal rights, defend a claim or lawsuit, and investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property. We may use your personal information to seek legal, accounting, or other professional advice. When necessary to identify, contact, or bring a legal action against someone who may cause or be causing harm to, or interfering with the legal rights of, Dine Brands or any other party.
- Security. We may use your personal information to monitor the use of our information systems and electronic resources, to conduct internal audits or investigations, and for safety and security of Dine Brands employees, visitors, and facilities. We also may use such information to protect Dine Brands against illegal activity and misconduct such as fraud, deceptive practices, and security investigations. We use this to offer, operate, maintain, deliver, troubleshoot, and update the Sites, programs, network, and systems used by Dine Brands in the course of its business.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Within Dine Brands. We may share your personal information internally within Dine Brands and among Dine Brands’ affiliates for purposes of recruiting and/or evaluating applicants, resource planning, talent retention, human resources, and business administration functions. All Dine Brands employees who access or process applicant personal information are required to comply with Dine Brands’ privacy and security policies.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties that help us provide and administer our talent and recruiting, human resources, and business functions.
- Change in Ownership. We may use and disclose personal information in connection with the evaluation of a change of control of Dine Brands such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets. We may provide personal information in connection with a due diligence process, or it could be transferred as part of the change in control to subsequent owner(s). If we (or our assets) are acquired or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change in control or reorganization, personal information and other information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party or reviewed as part of the due diligence process.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information in compliance with Dine Brands’ records and information management policies. For example, we may retain personal information to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and regulations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will retain your personal information no longer than is necessary to carry out the purposes provided in this Notice and/or as required or permitted by applicable law.
Changes to This Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time, and we will post any changes on this page. Each version of this Notice is identified at the top of the page by its Effective Date.
For any questions or concerns, please contact us as follows:
450 North Brand Blvd., 7th Floor
Glendale, CA 91203