Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question? Chances are, someone else has asked that very same question. If you don't see your question answered below, feel free to contact us.
If you are a franchise team member with questions regarding your W-2, please call your franchise main number/home office for assistance.
Veterans Day FAQs
How can I receive my free entree on Veterans Day?
It’s easy! Simply show proof of military service, such as a U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, DDT214 Citation or Commendation, your U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, a Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) or your Veterans Organization Card (i.e., American Legion and VFW). Alternatively, provide a photograph of yourself in your military uniform — or, even better, come into your neighborhood Applebee’s wearing it!
I received a chain email offering me a free Applebee's Gift Card. Is it real or is it a scam?
Recently there have been scams involving Applebee's Gift Cards. If you see something that is too good to be true on the web or receive a chain email offering you a free Applebee's Gift Card or gift certificate, it's probably a scam.
You can buy Applebee's Gift Cards at any of our over 1900 restaurant locations nationwide, at a variety of traditional retailers, through select rewards programs, and on our secure website.
I received an email that said I should forward the message to receive free Applebee's® Gift Certificates. Is it for real?
No. A fraudulent email chain message promising Applebee's® Gift Certificates for forwarding the message is currently making its way around the Internet. The message promises a gift certificate and a confirmation number after forwarding the message to a specific number of email addresses. Applebee's® International, Inc. does not sponsor or endorse this activity and is unable to fulfill these requests.
I have responded to an Internet pop-up advertisement that promised a free Applebee's® Gift Card but I haven't received it. What can I do?
Applebee's® does occasionally endorse providers of various online offers, such as credit cards, book clubs, and financial lenders, and allows them to offer free Applebee's Gift Cards. However, all inquiries about your free Applebee's® Gift Cards should be directed to the organization that made the offer. We have no way of tracking your information, since such transactions take place between you and a particular vendor, not Applebee's Services, Inc.
How can I sign up for Applebee's emails?
Go to our Get Our Emails section to sign up for the latest news from Applebee's.
Can I order food items by phone?
With Applebee's Carside To Go service, you can simply call in your order by phone. When you arrive, just park in a special Carside To Go parking space and your food will be brought to you.
Are recipes available for the items on your menu?
We appreciate the interest in our mouthwatering menu items, but due to proprietary and confidential reasons, recipes are not available for any menu items.
How can I open up an Applebee's restaurant of my own?
At Applebee's, we pursue top-quality, proven candidates to become our strategic franchise partners. As a result of our re-franchising efforts, we have select, multi-unit domestic franchising opportunities available with an average transaction size of ten restaurants. To find out more about these opportunities, please contact Gregg Benvenuto at [email protected]
Visit our International Franchising section for information.
Can I buy stock in Applebee's?
Applebee's is a Dine Brands Global, Inc., brand. Dine Brands is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DIN.
Would Applebee's® be interested in raising funds for my cause or charity?
We appreciate your interest in having Applebee's® International involved in your fund-raising project. All requests for funding and in-kind gifts, such as gift certificates, must be submitted in writing on your organization's letterhead. If the request is regarding a specific event, please remember to include the date of your event as well as a contact name and phone number. You may email your request to [email protected] or contact your neighborhood Applebee's® restaurant. For address information, please use our restaurant locator.
Would Applebee's® be interested in sponsoring my event?
All opportunities for national sponsorships, sales, direct marketing, advertising, media and merchandising should be emailed to [email protected]. All proposals are reviewed and responded to within 5-10 business days. If you have a request for a local or regional sponsorship, please contact the manager of your local restaurant.
I'm a student working on a school project. Can I find out more about how your company works?
Due to the volume of student requests we receive, we are not able to grant interview requests or provide detailed information about our corporate strategies, marketing programs, or internal systems and processes. Most likely the information you're looking for can be found online, particularly in our annual reports or SEC filings. Please visit our Investor Relations website to access these documents.
Who do I contact if I had a positive or poor guest experience at an Applebee's restaurant?
Tell us about your experience through our contact us form.
Who do I contact if I'm a member of the media and have an inquiry regarding Applebee's?
Please send an email to [email protected].
Who do I contact if I'm a financial analyst and need information regarding the company?
Analyst inquiries should be directed to Ken Diptee, director, Dine Brands Investor Relations at [email protected].
How many employees does Applebee's have?
The Applebee's system employs approximately 28,000 employees company-wide.
What animal welfare standards does Applebee's have in place?
Our Concern for Animals
We believe in and support efforts within our industry for responsible sourcing and improving the welfare of farm animals. When creating policies and practices related to farm animals we consider impacts on animal health and well-being, the environment, food safety, worker health and safety, consumer preferences and food affordability. We also rely on animal welfare experts to guide our policies:
• Suzanne T. Millman, B.Sc.(Agr), Ph.D., Associate Professor of Animal Welfare, Iowa State University • Cassandra Tucker, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Animal Science, University of California
All commitments are dependent on supplier capabilities. While regularly evolving, the following commitments are highlights of our dedication to animal welfare:
• United States: We have committed to an egg supply that is derived 100% from hens housed in a cage-free environment by 2025. • Latin America: We have committed to an egg supply that is derived 100% from hens housed in a cage free environment by 2025 conditioned upon supplier availability and consumer affordability.
• United States: We have committed to a pork supply that does not use gestation crates by 2020.
Applebee’s accounts for only a small fraction of the animal-based products purchased each year, making our ability to impact industry-wide practices somewhat limited. Regardless, we will continue to explore opportunities to improve the treatment of farm animals within the context of our business and the industry.
Gift Card FAQ
How do I buy a Gift Card to use today?
We offer 2 convenient ways to purchase a gift card today. Visit our Gift Cards page.
Gift Cards may be purchased at any Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar location for any amount. If you have time for your Gift Card to be mailed to you, please use our secure online ordering system.
Digital Gift Cards may be purchased directly from our website. Simply fill out the information requested and send to any email address. You can even personalize your Gift Card design with images, audio, mobile phone messaging and even post a notification on Facebook. Get your Digital Gift Card now.
Can I use a gift card to purchase a gift card?
Applebee's gift cards are not redeemable for Applebee's gift cards.
Can I mail a Gift Card to another person?
Gift Card orders under $200 can be shipped to any United States address. Cards shipped via UPS cannot be delivered to a P.O. Box address.
How long will it take to get my Gift Card?
Gift Card orders for physical cards that are received from our website will process & ship the following business day. There are several shipping options for your convenience ranging from standard mail to overnight delivery.
Digital Gift Cards can be processed and printed immediately.
Get your Digital Gift Card now.
Can I print a Gift Card for immediate use?
Absolutely. Our Digital Gift Cards make it easy to order and print immediately. Follow our order process and send your Digital Gift Card to any email address. Once you receive our email message, print out the Digital Gift Card and take into any Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar to redeem. Get your Digital Gift Card now.
Can Gift Cards be purchased over the phone?
No, for your security we do not accept orders over the phone. Cards may be purchased via our secure website or any Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar.
Do Gift Cards ever expire or decline in value?
Applebee's Gift Cards never expire and they do not decrease in value.
Can I reload or add to an existing Gift Card?
Unfortunately, Applebee's Gift Cards cannot be revalued. But we will be happy to sell you another one.
What should I do if I lose my Gift Card?
Always protect your Gift Card as if it were cash. In the event that you do lose your card, call us at 1-800-252-6722. Please have your card number or the receipt available when calling.
I live outside the United States. Can I order a Gift Card online?
For your convenience, we offer Digital Gift Cards that you can order and print online. Simply follow our order process to print your Digital Gift Card now.
If you'd prefer a Physical Gift Card, please contact [email protected] or call 866-812-8543. We have a customer order form that can be completed for your purchase. Please note that Gift Cards purchased in either the U.S. or Canada are accepted in both countries. Cross-acceptance and cross-currency redemption is only possible between the U.S. and Canada at this time.
GIFT CARD FRAUD
How to Avoid and Report Fraudulent and Suspicious Gift Card Activity
- Applebee’s Gift Cards are available for purchase in-restaurant, on applebees.com and at other various retailers.
- Applebee’s has many partners distributing digital and plastic gift cards.
- Applebee’s Gift Cards are only applicable and eligible for purchases at Applebee’s restaurant locations.Other businesses do not accept payments in the form of Applebee’s Gift Cards.
- Do not purchase an Applebee’s Gift Card if the packaging appears to be manipulated, ripped or altered, or the PIN has been scratched off. If you notice anything suspicious about the packaging of an Applebee’s Gift Card, bring it up with the store management.
- Do not divulge your Applebee’s Gift Card number or PIN to anyone.
- Be wary of callers and scammers who try to impersonate a legitimate company or a government entity. Some common gift card scams are:
- IRS Scam – scammers will call, claiming to be an IRS agent and saying that you owe money or you will be arrested, instructing you to purchase gift cards and give them the gift card numbers.
- Grandparent Scam – scammers will call, claiming that their loved one is in trouble and they need help, instructing you to purchase gift cards and give them the gift card numbers.
- Mystery Shopper Scam – scammers will send a check and letter, asking you to participate as a “mystery shopper” by cashing the check, purchasing goods and gift cards at the targeted store, and sending it back to them. The fake check bounces after sending the goods and gift cards to the scammers.
- Applebee’s Gift Cards can only be used at Applebee’s Restaurants and on applebees.com. Legitimate government entities such as IRS, Treasury Department, FBI or local police departments do not accept any form of Applebee’s Gift Cards as payment.
- Legitimate businesses other than Applebee’s do not accept payments in the form of Applebee’s Gift Cards. For instance, you will never be asked to pay your utility bills, bail money, debt collection and hospital bills with Applebee’s Gift Cards.
- If you get a call from a stranger who says that a loved one is in trouble and they ask you to provide Applebee’s Gift Card numbers to help them, we recommend you hang up and contact your loved one directly.
- Applebee’s Gift Cards are not free. Be mindful on clicking and responding to ads and websites that offer free or discounted Gift Cards. These are scams.
- If you think you or your family member has become a victim of a gift card scam, report it to the Federal Trade Commission at ftccomplaintassistant.gov.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Tax Scams: https://www.irs.gov/uac/tax-scams-consumer-alerts
- Reporting Scams: https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/contact_report_scam.shtml or call 800-366-4484
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- 10 Things You Can Do to Avoid Fraud: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0060-10-things-you-can-do-avoid-fraud
- Scam Alerts: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/scam-alerts
- File Complaint: https://ftccomplaintassistant.gov/, call 1-877-FTC-HELP, or write to: Federal Trade Commission, CRC-240, Washington, D.C. 20580.
The National Council on Aging
- Top 10 Financial rel="noopener noreferrer" Scams Targeting Seniors: https://www.ncoa.org/economic-security/money-management/scams-security/top-10-scams-targeting-seniors/
- A Project of the National rel="noopener noreferrer" Consumer League: http://www.fraud.org/home