Let Us Serve You: Applebee's® Honors Approximately 24 Million Veterans and Active-Duty Military Personnel By Offering Them Free Lunch or Dinner on Veterans Day
KANSAS CITY, Mo., Nov. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- For the eighth consecutive year, Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar® will honor current and former United States military personnel by providing them with free meals at all of the nearly 2,000 Applebee's restaurants in the United States on Veterans Day, Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2015.
This Veterans Day, Applebee's expects to serve approximately 1 million free meals to veterans and active-duty military personnel. Since 2008, Applebee's has served approximately 8.5 million free meals to veterans and active-duty military personnel. In addition, Applebee's supports the Thank You Movement Web site (www.thankyoumovement.com), which offers everyone the opportunity to send "Thank You" messages to veterans and military personnel.
"What started as a simple way of saying 'thanks' has become a standard for many in the restaurant industry," said Applebee's President Julia Stewart. "As the first major restaurant chain to provide free meals to veterans, we're pleased to have set an example for what has become a widespread trend across the industry. There are 24 million veterans and active-duty military personnel, and we're excited to show our gratitude again this year by serving free meals to the military heroes in our communities on Veterans Day."
Applebee's will offer a variety of its signature items on its Veterans Day menu:
- 7 oz. House Sirloin – Our classic steakhouse cut, savory to the last bite. Served with seasonal vegetables and your choice of garlic mashed potatoes or baked potato.
- American Standard All-In Burger® -- Our signature burger, with pickles, bacon and onion seared in and topped with American cheese and grill sauce.
- Double Crunch Shrimp – A generous portion of succulent shrimp, golden fried to crunchy perfection and served with fries, cole slaw and cocktail sauce.
- Three-Cheese Chicken Penne – A blend of Italian cheeses top a rich mix of penne pasta, grilled chicken, bruschetta tomatoes, fresh basil and creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Fiesta Lime Chicken® -- Grilled chicken done fiesta style, with zesty lime sauce, Mexi-ranch and Jack cheddar, served with crisp tortilla strips, seasoned rice and freshly made pico de gallo.
- Chicken Tenders Platter – Tender, juicy, breaded and downright delicious, served with Honey Dijon mustard, fries and cole slaw.
- Oriental Chicken Salad – Fresh Asian greens tossed in a tasty Oriental vinaigrette and topped with crispy noodles, toasted almonds and golden fried chicken.
In addition to the free meals, Applebee's will enable those grateful to veterans and military personnel an opportunity to express their thanks at www.thankyoumovement.com.
Since launching the Thank You Movement in 2011 as a way of showing appreciation for the more than 24 million current and former Armed Service members, Applebee's has enabled visitors to show their appreciation for active and former service members by writing personal "Thank You" messages in real time via www.thankyoumovement.com.
The free meals will be available at the nearly 2,000 Applebee's locations nationwide. In order to receive a free meal on Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2015, guests just need to provide proof of military service, which includes: U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement, Veterans Organization Card, photograph in uniform or wearing uniform, DD214, Citation or Commendation.
Offer is valid for limited menu items only. Menu selection and participation may vary. Dine-in only. Traditional sides are included with free entrees; 2 for $20 appetizers, upgraded side items or extras, beverages, desserts and gratuity are not included. Applebee's will offer free meals for veterans and active-duty military during normal business hours on Wednesday, Nov. 11. Hours vary by location, so guests should call their local Applebee's restaurant in advance to inquire about specific location hours. Applebee's encourages guests to call their local Applebee's or visit www.applebees.com for more information.
Applebee's Grill & Bar offers a lively bar & grill experience with an array of flavorful, handcrafted drinks, appetizers and entrées that constantly evolve. Based in Kansas City, Missouri, Applebee's as of September 2015 had more than 2,000 locations in 49 states, 16 countries and Puerto Rico. Applebee's restaurants are franchised DineEquity, Inc. (NYSE: DIN)
SOURCE Applebee’s Grill and Bar